VeinViewer® is an easy-to-use, adjunct technology designed to visualize superficial subcutaneous vasculature for the purpose of IV access and blood draw procedures as well as sclerotherapy.
How does it work?
VeinViewer projects an image much like a picture on a movie screen, but VeinViewer does this in real time making the patient's skin the "screen". Projected near-infrared light is absorbed by blood but reflected by surrounding tissue. We capture that information, process it, and project a digital image of the patient's blood pattern within the vein directly on the surface of the skin. This patented technology, using AVIN™ (Active Vascular Imaging Navigation), is what allows us to do what no other device can.
Pre & Post-Access Benefits
Designed to help improve the overall success of peripheral vascular access, and using Active Vascular Imaging Navigation (AVIN™), VeinViewer Vision aids the clinician in:
- Visualizing veins up to 10mm deep.
- Maximizing the options for access.
- Finding the optimal access sites.
- Determining the location of valves and bifurcations.
- Confirming patency by showing the flush of IV fluids or detecting a possible hematoma, a VeinViewer exclusive.
Watch the VeinViewer Vision demonstration video to learn more.
Contact Christie for a demonstration of this innovative technology.