|Factors contributing to difficult venous access (DVA):
Size and fragility of vessels
Multiple disease states
Reduced vessel options due to blood loss
Edema or fatty tissue
Shock induced vasoconstriction
VeinViewer® has been proven to:
- Increase first stick success by up to 100%
- Decrease medically unnecessary PICC lines by greater than 30%
- Increase patient satisfaction by 100%
VeinViewer is a vascular access imaging device that can help the clinician find the optimal venipuncture site and avoid potential complications. With HD imaging and exclusive Df2 technology, VeinViewer is the only vein illuminator that provides benefits for all patients during the entire vascular access procedure and allows clinicians a hands-free, Eyes On Patient technique. VeinViewer should be used to help assess the patient Pre-, During- and Post-access (PDP). Everyone from the novice to the experienced clinician can benefit from VeinViewer.
VeinViewer clinical benefits
- See peripheral veins up to 10 mm deep and blood patterns up to 15 mm deep providing more potential access sites.
- Locate valves and bifurcations which aids in decision making for the point of insertion.
- Assess IV patency during and after placement through visualization of fluid flushing and detection of a hematoma as it forms. Watch this
video to see VeinViewer’s PDP capabilities.
- Avoid medically unnecessary higher acuity procedures (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter or Central Venous Catheter).
Improved peripheral venous access in the Emergency Department can mean greatly increased venous targets, avoidance of delays in life-saving treatments, and improved patient stabilization and procedural work flow. VeinViewer by Christie allows you to quickly assess your patient and make a more informed decision when picking an access site. Discover what makes VeinViewer technology unique
Image on adult antecubital
VeinViewer Flex - nurse with patient
Inverse mode on 2 year old