There are many options for venipuncture equipment, but VeinViewer is the only imaging device that can be used by any clinician and is proven to provide more options for venous access and reduce the number of stick attempts.
Oncology patients are commonly subjected to repeated infusions over the course of their treatment. The quantity of procedures and medication used can compromise the integrity of vessels, leaving even fewer options for successful access. Finding a suitable peripheral vein continues to be a recurring challenge for clinicians.
- Advanced disease states and multiple treatments may have deteriorated patient vessels, decreasing stick options and increasing the likelihood of patient vessels collapsing, or an infiltration or extravasation during treatment.
- Despite oncology patients having a long term port for IV therapy, that point of entry is commonly avoided for blood draws.
- Fluctuations in white cell levels can warrant removal of a port in favor of a peripheral IV to avoid higher risks of infection.
- Multiple rounds of imaging procedures (i.e. CT scan, PET-CT scan) can expose patients to injections of contrast agents, often under higher pressure via "power injection," increasing the risk of damaging the same fragile vessels.
- Delays in imaging suites can mean lost procedures at the end of the day with impact to revenue
- Intravenous medications may be caustic and potentially dangerous should a vein blow.
VeinViewer® has been proven to:
- Increase first stick success by up to 100%
- Decrease PICC lines placed due to difficult venous access by greater than 30%
- Increase patient satisfaction by 100%
VeinViewer delivers valuable information for the entire vascular access procedure and should be used to help assess the patient Pre-, During- and Post-access (PDP). Everyone from the novice to the experienced clinician can benefit from VeinViewer. VeinViewer's ability to assess the catheter after placement can potentially help avoid serious complications and preserve veins over time.
- VeinViewer's TrueView accuracy provides an image you can trust.
- VeinViewer's projected vein width displays with near perfect accuracy. Displayed vein width can greatly impact assessing catheter gauge prior to insertion.
- See peripheral veins up to 10 mm deep and blood patterns up to 15 mm deep providing more potential access sites.
- Locate valves and bifurcations which aids in decision making for the point of insertion.
Elderly caucasian forearm
- Assess IV patency during and after placement through visualization of fluid flushing and detection of a hematoma as it forms. Watch a video to see VeinViewer’s PDP capabilities.
- Avoid higher acuity central lines.
To learn how VeinViewer can provide clinical benefits for your Oncology patients Pre-, During- and Post-access, speak to a Christie expert today by calling 877 SEE VEIN.