Operating room procedures can have a direct effect on a hospital's bottom line. Efficiencies in your hospital's operating suite can be compromised due to delays caused by a patient's difficult vascular access (DVA). The average operational cost per hour for an OR suite in the US is approximately $3,720. VeinViewer® has been clinically proven to reduce IV start times by up to 100%, potentially cutting OR costs by improving patient throughput.
Factors contributing to difficult venous access (DVA) in the OR:
Size and fragility of vessels
Multiple disease states
Frequent or lengthy infusions
Edema or fatty tissue
Shock induced vasoconstriction
VeinViewer has been proven to:
- Increase first stick success by up to 100%
- Decrease medically unnecessary PICC lines by greater than 30%
- Increase patient satisfaction by 100%
VeinViewer by Christie is a vascular access imaging device that can help the clinician find the optimal venipuncture site and avoid potential complications. With HD imaging and exclusive Df2 (Digital full field) technology, VeinViewer is the only vein illuminator that provides benefits for all patients during the entire vascular access procedure and allows clinicians a hands-free, Eyes On Patient technique.
- See peripheral veins up to 10 mm deep and blood patterns up to 15 mm deep providing more potential access sites.
- Locate valves and bifurcations which aids in decision making for the point of insertion.
- Assess IV patency during and after placement through visualization of fluid flushing and detection of a hematoma as it forms. Watch this video to see VeinViewer’s PDP capabilities.
- Avoid medically unnecessary higher acuity procedures (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter or Central Venous Catheter).
To learn more about how VeinViewer can help improve your operating room costs, speak to a Christie expert today by calling 877 SEE VEIN.